Outpatient care can still add up to a high annual cost if you must be more careful, even though network hospital stays result in much higher medical costs. The majority of the healthcare budget in India is used to pay network hospital outpatient departments (OPDs). Choosing a medical insurance plan that covers outpatient care is wise, as medical treatment costs keep rising. The benefits of OPD coverage in health insurance are well-covered in this article.
The following are some of the most critical aspects of OPD insurance plans.
- OPD Cover treats patients with underlying illnesses.
- An OPD insurance plan provides you with affordable coverage.
- OPD Plans provide coverage for chronic illnesses.
- You can benefit from medical consultations on a budget.
- Timely medical attention
What Is OPD In Health Insurance
Hospitalisation is not always required, even though it may be for some medical issues. For instance, you might need to visit the outpatient department if you’ve hurt yourself or have a minor illness. In these situations, you could visit the network hospital’s outpatient clinic or emergency room to see a doctor, get a lab-based diagnosis, and get over-the-counter medications from the pharmacy to treat your condition. This includes the cost of prescription drugs, diagnostic exams, and doctor visits. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under health insurance policy. * 
OPD Insurance Plans’ Benefits
Some advantages that policyholders receive from health insurance plans that cover use in an outpatient setting are listed below.
- Patients who frequently require in-office care, even for minor ailments like viral fever, can gain from OPD coverage health insurance.
- The insured is compensated for significant drug expenses.
- OPD coverage is advantageous for patients who frequently visit a doctor due to a pre-existing condition.
- OPD health insurance can also benefit people with compromised immune systems.
- People who need to visit a doctor frequently to treat chronic conditions like asthma, diabetes, arthritis, thyroid, etc., can benefit from insurance with OPD coverage.
- According to the current tax law, OPD insurers are entitled to tax exemptions under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of India. **
Who Gains From OPD Coverage In Medical Insurance?
- Between 20 And 45 Years Old
Your policy rates will be lower if you sign up for health insurance when you’re younger. As a result, even if you are young, consider including an OPD cover in your health insurance because you may benefit from it.
- You Are Passionate About Fitness
Even though you enjoy working out and are less likely to get sick, you could still get hurt. OPD health insurance can give you peace of mind in these situations. Medical insurance will also help you with your yearly tax planning. **
- You Are An Elderly Person
Since you may need to visit your doctor frequently for treatments like minor operations, routine checkups, dental procedures, etc., senior citizens should consider purchasing OPD insurance plans in addition to their health insurance plan. Therefore, your OPD health insurance will pay for all your OPD services and consultations in such circumstances.
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Youtube Channel here!
** Tax benefits are subject to change in prevalent tax laws
* Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.